Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. Values opportunities to work with others, teamwork, and communication. Flexible, hardworking, and open-minded. Knowledgeable about Education, Fiction Writing, and Literature. Experience includes writing emails, business letters, lesson plans, developmental plans, and anecdotal notes.
Strong communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, collaborative skills, and great attention to details.
Software: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, Final Draft, and Twine
- Improved students’ writing skills by demonstrating clear and coherent writing.
- Completed a Cornell Notes Professional Learning course to teach students how to write Cornell Notes successfully.
- Positively affected the organization by auditing and correcting errors made on account spreadsheets.
- Increased students Lexile levels by teaching Critical Reading Strategies to improve reading skills.
Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, FL 10/2014– 7/2017
Language Arts Teacher
Responsible for teaching Common Core Standards and managing classroom activities.
- Improves students writing skills by demonstrating clear and coherent writing to prepare students for the FSA.
- Increases reading proficiency by implementing Common Core Strategies in daily lessons to prepare students for the Florida State Assessment.
- Demonstrates effective communication by sending emails/letters to notify parents of student’s academics and classroom behavior.
Right Path Behavioral Health Services, Jacksonville, FL 02/2014– 04/2014
Community Support Worker
Provide clients with necessary tools to function in society.
- Assisted client with finances by creating a personal budget to help the client become financially stable.
- Increased client’s ability to manage daily activities by implementing daily journaling to help with scheduling.
Kelly Educational Services/Kelly Services, Jacksonville, FL 04/2013– 10/2014
Substitute Teacher/Data Entry Specialists
Implemented lesson plans in the absence of the classroom teacher. Edit data entry reports.
- Successfully implemented lesson plans by teaching the students skills needed to complete assignments.
- Helped increase productivity by auditing data to locate and edit errors.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Masters of Fine Arts, Creative Writing
Graduated August 2017
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
Bachelor of Arts, English
Graduated December 2013
Florida State College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
Associate in Arts, English
Graduated December 2009